The CB Insights research team selected the Fintech 250 companies based on several factors including data submitted by each company and their Mosaic Score. The Mosaic Score, is based on CB Insights’ algorithm, which measures the overall health and growth potential of private companies. Through this evidence-based, statistically-driven approach, the Mosaic Score can help predict a company’s momentum, market health and financial viability.
Quick facts on the 2018 Fintech 250:
- 30 of the Fintech 250 companies have reached a unicorn valuation of $1B or more.
- Since 2017, these 250 private companies have raised $31.8B across 373 deals.
- There were 82 $100M+ mega-rounds to the Fintech 250 since 2013, with 33 of them in 2018 year-to-date (YTD).
- 113 new companies were introduced to the 2018 Fintech 250 list.
- 44% of the 2018 Fintech 250 list are based outside the United States, representing 31 countries.
- Ant Financial is the most well-funded company on the Fintech 250 list, having raised approximately $19.1B across 4 investments.
The Fintech 250 Companies
About CB Insights
CB Insights believe that the most complex strategic business questions are best answered with facts. They are a machine intelligence company that synthesizes, analyzes and visualizes millions of documents to give their clients fast, fact-based insights. Serving the majority of the Fortune 100, they give companies the power to make better decisions, take control of their own future, and capitalize on change.